Children Innovating the Future
What are the advantages of our education?
- IB World Schools (the only schools authorised to offer IB programmes) are subject to a strict accreditation process monitored by the IB, ensuring that schools provide a high-quality education.
- IB teaching methods and curricula are research-based and draw from the best educational practices from systems around the world.
- IB teachers are required to participate in many professional development opportunities to continually promote their awareness of current educational practices and apply new thinking and skills.
- IB programmes are recognised internationally and ease the educational transitions of mobile students so that their education is not adversely affected if families relocate.
Who we are
IPS Macedonia is a private school open to students of all nationalities between the ages of 1 to 18 years. IPS was first established in 1998 by a diplomat of Brazilian/ American nationality temporarily residing in Skopje, in collaboration with Marija Mihailovikj and Tanja Todorovski, two Macedonian university students, as a means of providing her children with a good nursery school education. IPS Macedonia with its 24 years of existence and implementing educational activity, is the oldest private International preschool, now a school, in Skopje. It is a testimony to the quality teaching that is performed in it, and the proof of that is the very successful generations of students resulting from it. Now they are knowledgeable professionals in their work in various spheres of life. In 2018 IPS started to implement primary educational activities and in 2020, the Secondary school started to enrol students. With the growth of the Secondary school, IPS Macedonia will cater for children between 1 – 18 years old. The school aims to achieve its full capacity of 570 students in the coming years. Our campus provides the ideal environment for your child to learn and grow. We offer dedicated facilities to support different types of learning.
What we offer
In the Primary Years Programme, the school offers a play-based learning approach through the Early Years, allowing children to discover the world around them and supporting the development of the whole child. Through play and inquiry children develop an essential set of skills and they develop as readers, writers and mathematicians, and a sense of wonder is fostered as they grow socially, emotionally and academically.
The Middle Years Programme encourages students to be active learners who ask challenging questions, allowing them to continuously make meaningful connections between their learning and the world outside the classroom. During the MYP, our team of experienced teachers accompany and guides students on their learning journey. Emphasis is placed on individual growth and encouraging students to reflect upon their learning. Teachers facilitate students’ learning and help prepare them for the rigorous demands of the IB Diploma Programme.
IPS Macedonia is a candidate school for the IB Diploma Programme (DP)*.
* IPS Macedonia is a Candidate School* for the Diploma Programme. This school is pursuing authorization as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy—a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that IPS Macedonia believes is important for our students.
*Only schools authorized by the IB Organization can offer any of its four academic programmes: the Primary Years Programme (PYP), the Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme, or the Career-related Programme (CP). Candidate status gives no guarantee that authorization will be granted. For further information about the IB and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org
Within the dynamic IB environment, students are encouraged to think critically and become independent learners, coming prepared to class, presenting the material and being coached by their teachers. Assignments are demanding, and the balance between academic work and co-curricular activities allows students to tailor the programme according to their interests and develop an impressive university profile in the process. Students who successfully complete the IB Diploma Programme demonstrate a strong commitment to learning, both in terms of their mastering of a range of subjects and in their development of skills and disciplines necessary for success in our competitive, global world.
Students can apply to our school all year round based on availability. For further information about admissions or to schedule a visit to the school, please contact us at infopyp@ ips.mk